Highly Scored Example Applications
- The following applications received high average scores in 2022. We have included notes to point out specific aspects of the applications that you may wish to emulate in your own narratives. Double click on the purple note symbols on the right side of the pdfs to see the annotations.
- NOTE: These are provided to give you several examples of the types of applications that have been accepted in the past, and should not be used as a template off which to base your own application.
Draft Review Period (highly recommended)
- There is an optional draft review period for each grant cycle. Your draft application will be reviewed by our grant administrator and an experienced panelist. You will receive detailed feedback on your draft application, and will be given at least two weeks to make revisions and submit before the final deadline. The draft reviewers will not serve on the panel that ultimately reviews your submitted application. Submit your application for draft review on the grant application website.
- These slides are a resource developed for the 2019 Museums Alaska conference, and are provided for free. Other conference resources are made available as a benefit to current Museums Alaska members by logging in (click the icon in the top right corner of this screen).
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact us.
If you are working on an application for a grant that is NOT administered by Museums Alaska (see above for information regarding grants administered by Museums Alaska), we offer grant draft review as a benefit to Organizational Members. Contact us to coordinate your draft review. Please keep in mind the following:
- Grant draft review is offered as a benefit to Organizational Members. Make sure your organization's membership is current before contacting us.
- In order to ensure draft reviewers have enough time to provide feedback, it is recommended you contact us as soon as you begin your application to schedule your review.
- Grant reviewers typically return your draft with comments and suggestions within two weeks. If you require feedback in a shorter time frame, we may be unable to help you.