Tanana-Yukon Historical Society
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Coordinator assists with the ongoing operations, development, and administrative and educational activities of the Society. Duties of the Coordinator include the following, as well as other duties as assigned:
- Maintain membership files, prepare membership billings, solicit new membership, assist with membership drives.
- Manage communications including generating mailings; responding to mail, email, and telephone inquiries; maintain mailing lists. Create and maintain annual calendar and work with individuals/committee members responsible for meeting deadlines.
- Coordinate production of brochures, website, and other publications including writing and gathering of articles, editing, printing, and distribution.
- Work with Treasurer to develop and follow an annual budget. Process payments and billings. Assist with financial account maintenance, reports, and filings. Assist with grants and contracts accounting.
- Assist with planning and hosting of lecture series, meetings, and special events.
- Assist with inventory data entry into PastPerfect.
Up to 20 hours per week, flexible schedule, occasional evenings and/or weekends. Additional hours possible in summer (May 15-September 7), depending upon funding and needs.
Qualifications: Excellent organizational and communication skills. Experience in classroom, program, or office administration. Experience using office computers and software (TYHS presently uses Macintosh with Microsoft Office Suite, Mail Chimp, Quickbooks, WordPress, PastPerfect and other software). Previous experience in education, museums, or nonprofit management preferred.
To Apply: Please send letter of interest, resume, and three (3) references to Tanana-Yukon Historical Society, P O Box 71336, Fairbanks AK 99707-0336. For questions, please email email@example.com. Review of candidates will begin immediately; position open until filled.
Salary or Range: $16/hour
Learn More: https://tananayukonhistory.org/news-and-events/
Open Date: 11/14/2019
Closing Date: 12/14/2019