Is your community interested in hosting the joint Museums Alaska /Alaska Historical Society annual conference in the future?
Submit proposals for the 2018 conference and beyond…
HOST COMMUNITY SELECTION PROCESS
- Interested communities should submit a written proposal for a future year conference to the Alaska Historical Society (AHS) and Museums Alaska (MA) boards one month prior to the prior year’s conference.
- An action item should be included on the joint board meeting agenda under “new business”. The proposals should be included in the board packets for this meeting.
- Representatives from interested communities may make verbal presentations during this meeting.
- A decision should be made on approximate dates and specific location for the next annual meeting during this joint board meeting.
- The community’s proposal must address the following “Criteria for Selection”.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Ability of the community to support the conference (hotel capacity, conference center, existence of restaurants, caterers, or food service)
- Existence of a Host Committee in the proposing community and its capacity to fulfill its duties as described in this document
- Representation on the Host Committee of members of AHS and MA
- Diversity of conference locations (the MA and AHS wish to rotate the conference through diverse communities with diverse historical and cultural institutions)
- Potential for attracting registrants
- Potential for earning a net profit
Questions? Contact us.