Museums Alaska is an association of active volunteers who perform many of the responsibilities of the organization, set policies, and provide future direction. The all-volunteer Board of Directors consists of nine members that represent the diversity of the state. Elected officers include: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Attend board meetings by teleconference four times per year
- Attend two annual in-person board meetings
- Actively participate on at least two committees
- Actively promote the organization
BOARD NOMINATIONS, ELIGIBILITY, & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The nomination period for Museums Alaska’s board of directors opens in late summer. Elections are held in the month prior to the annual conference and new board members are announced at the conference.
- One-third of the Board is elected each year.
- A Museums Alaska board member can serve two consecutive three-year terms; must be a member in good standing; receives no compensation; must attend the annual meeting and bi-monthly teleconferences; serves on two or more committees; and works to effectively promote Museums Alaska to the membership and other agencies and organizations.
- Board members are expected to make a personally meaningful financial contribution in addition to general membership.
- After a year-long break, previous board members are eligible to serve on the board again.
- A member may nominate another person with that person’s consent, or a member may self-nominate.
- All nominations must be accompanied by a 100-word biography narrative statement with one to two sentences about why the nominee wants to serve on the Board.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Board Nomination Form
Not sure if you're interested in board service, but still want to get involved? Committees
are a great way to get involved with Museums Alaska and test the waters for board service.