Friends and Colleagues,
Museums Alaska has exciting plans for 2020. This year will be different than last year, with new opportunities for professional education. Why? Because you asked for it! Recent surveys show that our members want more training, in new formats, and on a broad range of topics. We’ve taken your requests to heart and are planning a series of webinars and a special annual meeting this year. We are also re-imagining our annual conference. Museums Alaska will meet in Valdez in 2021 and we are starting to plan a gathering with longer format sessions and workshops—so we can learn even more from each other.
Here’s a look ahead.
Museums Alaska 2020
- Inventories and Checklists – led by Angela Linn
- Digital Photography
- March or April (registration coming soon)
- Storage and Mounts – led by Nicole Peters
- May (registration coming soon)
- Outdoor Sculpture and Artifact Care – led by Ellen Carrlee
- June (registration coming soon)
Annual Meeting—September 2020, Juneau
- Museums Alaska annual business meeting
- 2020 Alaska Museum Survey results
Museums Alaska 2021
Advocacy Fly-In, Juneau, January 2021
- Join us for advocacy training and opportunities to meet with state senators and representatives.
Annual Conference, Valdez, 2021
- Our next conference will be hosted with help from the Valdez Museum & Historical Archive.
As always, we value your ideas. We know that many people would like longer conference sessions, workshops, and access to content online. As we plan for Valdez, let us know what topics you would like covered. Or join our program committee and help to plan the conference.
Looking forward to working with you,
Della Hall, Executive Director