Annually Museums Alaska and the Alaska Historical Society hold a Joint Conference in the state of Alaska on topics pertinent to local museums and museum professionals. The 2014 Conference will be in Seward, Alaska, October 1-4, 2014. Check back for details on the Conference website, hosted by the Resurrection Bay Historical Society.
Is your community interested in hosting the joint annual conference in the future?
Submit proposals for the 2015 conference and beyond…
• Interested communities should submit a written proposal for a future year conference to the AHS and MA boards one month prior to the conference.
• An action item should be included on the joint board meeting agenda under “new business”. The proposals should be included in the board packets for this meeting.
• Representatives from interested communities may make verbal presentations during this meeting.
• A decision should be made on approximate dates and specific location for the next annual meeting during this joint board meeting.
• The community’s proposal must address the following “Criteria for Selection”.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
• Ability of the community to support the conference (hotel capacity, conference center, existence of restaurants, caterers, or food service)
• Existence of a Host Committee in the proposing community and its capacity to fulfill its duties as described in this document
• Representation on the Host Committee of members of AHS and MA
• Diversity of conference locations (the MA and AHS wish to rotate the conference through diverse communities with diverse historical and cultural institutions)
• Potential for attracting registrants
• Potential for earning a net profit