Museums Alaska seeks an independent contractor to perform the following services:
1) Provide a central office for Museums Alaska, Inc.;
2) Produce newsletter communications and publications of Museums Alaska;
3) Prepare grants and manage fundraising efforts, complying with all grant terms and conditions of grants received;
4) Maintain membership lists and develop membership;
5) Maintain financial transactions and coordinate with Treasurer on budgets and financial records;
6) Assist with the coordination of the annual conference with the local host committee and the Alaska Historical Society;
7) File all state and federal reports;
8) Collaborate and provide leadership with other private, non-profit, and public state, regional, national organizations for the benefit of its members and museums in Alaska; and
9) Administer the Collections Management Fund and Art Acquisition Fund grant programs.
The work and services must be completed by January 31, 2016.
Ideal start date: March 1, 2015
Compensation: Contractor shall provide monthly invoices of $3,200.
Because this business relationship is that of independent contractor, there is no entitlement to benefits such as health insurance, life insurance, retirement, or unemployment insurance.
Required: excellent communication skills (written and verbal); familiarity with Alaska’s museums and cultural centers; nonprofit administration (at least 3 years experience); financial management
Preferred: grant writing and administration; facility with Quickbooks, donor software, Adobe forms, Google apps (drive, groups, forms, business email accounts), MailChimp, WordPress website management; conference planning; museum background; arts background; familiarity with government and private organizations and agencies and elected officials; availability, flexibility, and the ability to delegate.
Travel on behalf of the organization will be expected.
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and the contact information of three references to HR@museumsalaska.org by January 15, 2015.