The McCarthy-Kennicott Historical Museum is looking for a Collections Management Associate for Summer 2015. This person will be responsible for digitizing the Museum’s collections. During this process the Associate will use manual inventory lists that have been compiled over the years. Each item on the list will be located, tagged, numbered and fully documented using Past Perfect Museum Software. The final result will be a digitized record of all the Museum’s holdings.
The ideal candidate would be:
- a local hire (or an individual willing to cover some of the expenses to live in McCarthy)
- computer literate
- familiar with digital cameras
- able to work independently, detail-oriented and organized
- knowledgeable and/or interested in the history of the Kennicott and McCarthy area
- available full-time for 8-10 weeks in summer 2015
Compensation: $15-18/hour depending on qualifications. In addition, the Museum Caretaker’s rustic cabin is available for housing if needed.
Interested persons should EMAIL a resume and/or an overview of experience and qualifications by March 10, 2015.