2018 Museums Alaska Annual Meeting
September 12-15, 2018 in Nome, Alaska
Call for proposals:
Museums function within a complex network of relationships from individual work/life balance to staff and board relationships, and working with communities, stakeholders, funders, institutional collaborators, and more. How can we best maintain healthy and productive relationships on all of these levels? As museums adapt to shifting climates, audiences, and economics, how can we build and maintain resilient relationships for both immediate and long-term success? How do we stress resourcefulness, collaboration, and engagement in our museum relationships?
Session proposals may focus on the conference theme or on other topics of interest to the Alaska museum community.
Proposals should include:
- Contact email address
- Lead presenter name
- Lead presenter title and affiliation
- Additional presenters’ names, titles, and affiliations
- Type of proposal (90 minute session, half day workshop, full day workshop, roundtable discussion, or other)
- Format of presentation (lecture, panel, powerpoint, hands on, roundtable discussion, lighting rounds, workshop, etc.)
- Proposed title
- Description (limit 1000 characters)
- Hardware required (laptop, projector and screen, speakers, etc.)