The Board of Museums Alaska seeks an organization or individual to assist in the creation of a brand identity.
Museums Alaska is the statewide museum association of individuals and institutions committed to:
- Preserving the natural and human history of Alaska;
- Improving museums as educational institutions;
- Promoting training of staff;
- Acting as a clearing house for information of interest to museums;
- Promoting the improvement of museums in all areas;
- Cooperating with similar organizations, and
- Promoting understanding of the purpose, function and areas of Alaska’s museums
The mission of Museums Alaska is to maintain an association of Alaska’s museum professionals and volunteers in order to provide opportunities for improvement of museum and cultural center services in Alaska and to enhance public understanding of the purposes and functions of Alaska’s museums and cultural centers.
To accomplish its organizational purpose, Museums Alaska maintains a central office to receive and disburse information about museums, cultural centers and their activities, and to collect and share professional opportunities. Museums Alaska publishes the quarterly newsletter, Network, and organizes an annual meeting and conference to focus on the needs of Alaska museum professionals, volunteers, and their institutions.
Museums Alaska seeks proposals to assist in the creation of a brand identity. Museums Alaska is interested in a new logo, website template (the director currently uses WordPress), letterhead and email marketing templates. We are a statewide organization with members from all over the state, but the board will be meeting in February/March in person and would like the designer to meet with us to begin this process.
Proposal due date and requirements
The proposal deadline has been extended to December 15, 2017. Please submit electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- intro to company/qualifications
- portfolio of relevant work (3-5 pieces)
- budget, separated into three sections:
- time and travel for leading a workshop at the in-person meeting in Anchorage in February/March
- logo design
- design of website template, letterhead and email marketing templates