The Hammer Museum in Haines, Alaska is seeking a vibrant, motivated individual to serve as Director. This supervisory position is 25 hours per week May-October with limited hours during the off-season. Pay $16-20/hr DOE. Please contact us by email or call (907) 767-5674.
Museum Director, Position Description
At the direction of the Hammer Museum Board of Directors, the Museum Director is responsible for overall operations and management of the Hammer Museum. This includes operations throughout the summer months when the museum is open and basic operations during the winter.
Duties will include:
1) Marketing and Public Relations: maintaining memberships in professional organizations; participation in community events; and collaboration with the Haines Borough tourism department.
2) Fund raising and grant writing.
3) Working with the Board Treasurer, develop an annual budget; maintain financial records and reports; and meet local, state and federal financial obligations.
4) Supervising and scheduling volunteers, staff and Interns.
5) Cataloging, caring for and conserving the museum’s collections.
6) Overseeing the museum’s education programs: giving tours, responding to inquiries, research.
7) Maintaining the museum’s online presence.
8) Keeping the museum building and grounds clean, tidy and presentable to the public.
9) Under the leadership of the Board of Directors, updating and maintaining all Museum essential documents: Strategic plan, policies, code of ethics, etc.
10) Planning Board Meetings with the Board President.
11) Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.