The Alaska Museum of Science and Nature (formerly the Alaska Museum of Natural History) is seeking qualified applicants for its education internship program. The intern will assist the Education Director with science education on topics including but not limited to geology, biology, and paleontology. This internship provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience in museum education practices.
Duties include the following:
- Develop and teach hands-on science curriculum for various age levels
- Give educational tours of the museum
- Facilitate preschool programs
- Develop outreach program materials
- Help with clean up and organization of education and supply areas
- Compensation: $1000.00 for 200 hours
- Flexible schedule with an average of 30 hours per week.
- Coursework and/or experience in a scientific field, museum studies, or education
- Ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Work well with the public especially children
- Must pass background check
Please mail a cover letter and resume with three references to:
Alaska Museum of Science & Nature
Attn: Education Director
201 N. Bragaw St. Anchorage, AK 99508
Or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject line: Education Internship.
Applications will be accepted until an intern is chosen.