The Alaska State Historical Records Advisory Board (ASHRAB) plans to offer one day of archival training May 7 or 8, 2013, probably at the UAA campus. In order to proceed with planning this event I would like to know who would be interested in attending. This training will be similar to that held in May 2012 (Dr. Laura Millar) and will be conducted by ASHRAB members and other trained archivists. There will be no registration fee or cost to attendees.
The training will consist of the following modules:
- Records & Information Management for Organizational Records
- Archival Appraisal & Acquisitions in an Archival Setting
- Fundamentals of Archival Preservation (applicable to pres. of personal papers)
- Arranging & Describing Archival Collections
- So You’re a Lone Arranger?
- Archival Issues & Ethics
- Archival Outreach & its Importance
If you are interested in this training please email Dean Dawson, State Archivist, and he will put you on the contact list.
If you have other topics you would like this training to address–let Dean know.