The Museum of the Aleutians is now hiring an Education Programs Coordinator.
40 hours/week, $19.90/hr
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develops, implements, supervises, and evaluates the Museum’s educational programs.
- To promote awareness and understanding of the cultural and natural history of the Aleutian Islands region and to interpret, through use of collection and traveling exhibit materials, the stories they tell.
- To expand the community outreach programs for audiences of all ages:
- Interpretive tours to the public;
- School tours and outreach within the community;
- Educational exhibitions, including remote video projects;
- Summer programs and internships;
- Printed educational materials such as self-guides and curriculum-based products;
- Development and coordination of the annual lecture series in conjunction with the Museum exhibition schedule;
- Docent training program;
- Special educational events, programs, demonstrations, and Family Free Days;
- Museum membership newsletter;
- Tracking and reports of education programs statistics.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred, in education, an area of the Museum’s specialization, or museum studies with a concentration in museum education or public programming.
Work Experience: Minimum 2 years in a museum education department or other educational institution.
To apply and for inquiries, please contact Zoya Johnson at 907-581-5150 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled